I had a request for a donation to a charity event but had only a couple days to get it done. No time to go shopping for material, and anyway I had a large collection of vintage sheets already at my fingertips. I found four that combined well together and set to work. It was a very simple quilt (after all, I wanted it to be completely finished when I donated it!) but I liked the result.
In fact, I liked the result so much that I decided to make another. Only this time I had no time constraints so, while I kept the same basic design, I added a light green sashing between the blocks.
I also added a bit more interest to the border by diagonally piecing together two of the prints and adding them to the quilt so that on the ends both of the corners were framed in a different print.
Another floral sheet which had the same blues and greens as in the front, but with the addition of a soft tan and coral, was used for the backing. The soft green binding, the same sheeting as that used for the front sashing, created the perfect finish for both the front and the back of the quilt.