MiniMade on Etsy

Background

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Christmas Balls


I know! I neglect my blog for weeks on end and then I do two postings in one day! But I wanted to share this idea with you. All you need are the plain glass balls (available at Michaels...don't forget your 40% off coupon!) and whatever you want to put inside. I started with fabric scraps cut into small pieces, then started adding strings of seed pearls. But then I started looking for something with more sparkle to it. I suddenly remembered that box of bows and trims saved from gifts received in the past which I intended to use in the future. I cut the loops off the bows, cut them into narrower strips and curled them. Just drop into the glass ball after removing the hanging cap and when filled (with just enough room left to gently shake to re-position the items inside) replace the top, add a bow and a hanging loop and you have a beautiful decoration for your tree or to give as a gift. All for only the cost of the glass ball.









No comments: