MiniMade on Etsy

Background

Thursday, October 01, 2009

What's old is new again.


I had another old quilt sitting on a shelf for may years and it finally got a much needed makeover too. Unfortunately I didn't take a picture of the original quilt before I started cutting, but believe me, the "upcycled" version looks much better than the original!!




With the left over squares I even managed a small table runner.



This vintage Dresdan Plate quilt was one I had given my daughter many years ago. When she saw what I was doing with some old, rather tired, quilts she decided to give it back to me so I could work my "magic" on it. With a lot of careful cutting and culling of damaged parts, then hours of machine and hand sewing, I ended up with a quilt which still has many years left in it!





No comments: